Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground Balance survey and question

wayne_etc

What kind of ground balance numbers do y'all get in your area? And what numbers would suggest mild, moderate, and hot ground.

My yard. Red clay. Auto GB.

RKdY0tj.jpg

w

Ground balance numbers report the type of ground mineralization, not its intensity. For that you need a readout of “total” mineralization like on the F75 and some other Detectors.

Is there any way to interpret the ground balance number? Any useful information obtainable from it?

w

wayne_etc said:
Is there any way to interpret the ground balance number? Any useful information obtainable from it?

w
Good question....I'd like to hear people chime in. I've seen GBs across the board but mostly from 2 to the teens...I'm in the great state of new england.

In detectors, the electronics have to "look" at 1 and sometimes 2 factors:
1. The kind of mineralization.... This is the Ground Phase. (Some detectors have factory presets)
2: The amount of mineralization .... That is what a FeO2 graph shows
When you ground balance, the number you see is the equalization of the internal circuits to the Ground Phase.
A GB number to a certain degree is somewhat irrelevant because a high number doesn't necessarily mean the
ground is bad. A high number might indicate a particular soil has a certain mineral but the content may be low. Or conversely,
the GB number may be low and the mineral content is high.
So really the main factor in depth is not the Phase Number but the amount of mineralization. The F-75 / T2 come to mind
with the bars on the display. The higher the FeO2, the greater the loss in depth and accuracy of the ID.

I may be wrong but this is my understanding of Ground Balancing and the Fe02 Scale.
Best to all and happy hunting... Richard

Quite a few have asked so here is a large scale map.
You can also get a BIG detailed wall map BUT I think you need longer paper !

https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/m3-ground-conductivity-map

HH Tom
LFOD !