Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground balance.............

James/Washington

I have been around since 1971 and had many detectors so ground balance isn't anything new to me, but it is a bit different on the Xp Deus. I can get it done but for people just starting out it would be great if there was a video that actually shows the the steps necessary to gb the Deus for each mode and an explanation of each mode. The owner's manual just mentions it, Andy's book covers it a little and there is a video that talks about it, but there is no video that really gets down to the explanation of exactly how to do it on the Deus. The factory default setting of 90 is too high for my soil and lots of places in America. My soil is around 70 to 75. Ground balance is a very important feature that needs to be as close as possible for the detector to work at it's peak performance and is sometimes overlooked. Gary, your video is good but how about one that shows the steps involved?

just change it manually to its recommended setting for that site, and if it changes a lot there's always tracking, pumping would be my last option in a park..

just what I do sure others have differing experience :bouncy:

AJ

I agree I would just manually adjust it to the ground reading or turn the tracking on. V4 tracking seems to be vastly improved.

I am not asking HOW to gb the Deus. I have been around many years and can figure out the Deus. What I see is a problem for them that are new to the hobby and purchase a Deus. The instruction manual, Andy's book and the YouTube videos just give a quick description of GB. I am saying, there needs to be a lot better, step by step description of how to ground balance a Deus. It is different and especially when you add 'ground notch' then newbies are totally lost. There are lots of great instructional videos out there, I just see room for improvement. Please do not take my post as being mean or argumentative, I am just trying to get my point across and be helpful and become a part of the community.

It's pretty easy and I'm sure one of the reasons it's not talked about to much. There is a section in the manual that goes over GB and all the different options on how to for each mode. Manual, tracking, and pumping.

Youtube has several videos on GB, see below

https://youtu.be/k_GJcaIeRMc

https://youtu.be/eRh33eD2elM