Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground Balance

erikk

Just got my new F-75 and tried to fast grab ground balance. Got the msg cant GB. How do I get over to the manual GB in the menu. . Mine just stays on the left and scrolls through and returns to the top as I push the menu button?
Not much help in the manual on an explanation
Thanks

Go to the top, then turn the knob clockwise to select the right (All Metal) column.

It only takes two or three 6" pumps to use the FASTGRAB. Move around to diferent spots if it won't take. You need a spot totally clear of metal.

[quote erikk]Finally managed to muddle through and figure it out.[/quote]

Refer to the second pargraph on page 9 of the manual. The page labeled "THE MENU SYSTEM"

Easier than muddling, but muddling is fairly intuitive with the F-75.

erikk,

Make sure there's no metal near the coil when trying to GB. Give the trigger a pull and sweep around till you find a quiet spot. Then, push it forward and hold, pumping the coil 3 or 4 times... that should do the trick for the quick grab.

Fast grab wont work. Manual GB @ 89-90. I am in FL where there is NO mineralization. Had the same problem with the CZ7A. Running in factory pre set and it seems to run ok. Don't know about depth yet but it can't read my silver dime @12 inches @ factory setting and don't know enough about it yet to mess with the other settings

According to the manual when you first turn the unit on the default setting is preset to 90. In that case you should be OK if you don't do a FASTGRAB at all.

[quote BobH]n/t[/quote]

Well, I will give it about three weeks and then it's back to the EX-2, multiple coils and auto GB. "I have a ladder to get out of the tree".

[quote erikk][quote BobH]n/t[/quote]

Well, I will give it about three weeks and then it's back to the EX-2, multiple coils and auto GB. "I have a ladder to get out of the tree".[/quote]

I have both and I'm sure glad that A) I didn't put the Exp II down after 3 weeks and B) that the F75 came out to complement my Exp II. When conditions (or my mood) lean toward slow and steady I'll swing the Exp II. If I want to cover a lot of ground and really seperate targets I'll grab my new favorite.
JMHO,
Tagamet

[quote Tagamet][quote erikk][quote BobH]n/t[/quote]

Well, I will give it about three weeks and then it's back to the EX-2, multiple coils and auto GB. "I have a ladder to get out of the tree".[/quote]

I have both and I'm sure glad that A) I didn't put the Exp II down after 3 weeks and B) that the F75 came out to complement my Exp II. When conditions (or my mood) lean toward slow and steady I'll swing the Exp II. If I want to cover a lot of ground and really seperate targets I'll grab my new favorite.
JMHO,
Tagamet[/quote]

What I meant by 3 weeks is about 40 hours a week of hunting. That is about the time it took for me to get a good feel for the EX 2. I hunt some really trashy places and want to use the F-75 for fast recovery on deep targets that I can reach with my WOT but can't read all the good tones because of the masking