Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ground balancing an AT Pro

The weather was some one nice today, so I took my Pro out to a patch of dirt I have on the side of the house, mine you it just a path way and is surrounded by 3 feet of snow , I 'm trying to get this GB down, when I auto GB, I can get it to balance at 84, does this sound right, my iron disc is screwed up, but it does go up to 40 but the 10 digit is not there, but I can see the little light change and it changes enough for it to go to 40,it does 4 cycles of 0 to 9, it hard to find ground that is total free from metal, when ground balancing, can I balance over metal

sniffy said:
I took my Pro out to a patch of dirt I have on the side of the house, mine you it just a path way and is surrounded by 3 feet of snow , I 'm trying to get this GB down, when I auto GB, I can get it to balance at 84, does this sound right,
I would presume that the GB setting of '84' is correct, but only you can know for sure. Every one's ground is different, even if you walk around back, cross the street or drive across town.

Just briskly bob the search coil from only about 8" down to about

Thank Monte!:thumbup:Great info!:clapping:Happy Hunting!:)