Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground balancing and hot rocks

GoldChaser

I was in a dried stream bed in the northern California gold country last year and my MXT300 with the 12" concentric coil was overloading and sounding off on hot rocks like crazy, in the prospecting mode. I was fairly new to the machine so my skill level was weak, but I am preparing to go again this year and was wanting to know:
Is it possible to ground balance-out hot rocks?
And if so, will that:
1) allow you to see gold under the hot rocks?, and
2) keep the machine from overloading on the rocks?

Thank you!!!!

Monte,Hillbilly bob, steelheadfever ,Larry[IL],Nancy{IL} Mr. bill,Rcasio44 and others the only gold around hear is placer gold and i wish i knew were that was.Must be nice to find because of the value now, couple small pieces make a pay check,you have a good machine for chasing gold maybe a smaller coil,Good luck

[size=x-large][/size]The 12' is to big for hot ground, you need to get a smaller coil that is designed for mineralized soils. I use the 6 X 10 DD, I have found it to be the best coil for gold prospecting. I have used it all over California with no problems.................:thumbup:

Thanks Bob.
So just to be clear - are you using your DD coil in prospecting mode? And how does it handle hot rocks? Do you ground balance on them or do you just ignore their signals and prospect around them?
All advice appreciated.
Thank you!

[size=x-large][/size]I use the 6 X 10 DD, I do put it in prospecting mode and all knobs on preset, then I do pump it on the ground a couple of times till it settles down then its ready. But you have to hunt through some noise in the hot areas but the gold will ring out loud and clear over the noise. ZIP ZIP. I even coin and relic hunt in the prospect mode some times. And I prospect in the Relic mode some times. It all depends on the ground and how my MXT is acting...........:shrug:.......:thumbup: