Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground balancing over iron

MikeLab

I know you are probably thinking how could anyone not know, but I read several posts I am almost certain this is the case. They say their ground balance is going crazy. If you get in an area with junk everywhere, it is difficult to find a clean enough spot to ground balance. Especially if you just hit the ground balance button and let it up you will be in manual ground balance and if over iron it will sound like something is wrong.

I don't know how others do it, but I make sure I have no iron discrimination on. With the AT Gold all you have to do is go into All Metal mode and you will be able to hear any iron.

With the At Pro, I think you will have to set iron discrimination to "0" then listen to make sure you are over clean ground before ground balancing.

Turn up some iron discrimination to around 25, hunt with the iron audio on and you will hear all the iron in the ground.