Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ground find... silver!

gunwolf

No detecting today, showers yesterday and I figured I would give it a day to soak in and loosen things up... next best thing? take the dog for a walk in my favorite park and do some scouting... so we went off roading on a dirt path in the park. came up on a stone dirt wash where the water runoff crosses the path... BAM! eyes always on the ground and I spot something in the dirt I go to pull it out and feel it snap... but i did get the other half... it's some kind of weird face sterling marked ring... looks like I know what part of the park is next up for me! I feel guilty finding silver without my E-trac!
5ROjBEs.jpg

jnos0WA.jpg

Don't feel guilty about an eyeball find - count and go into your stash. My hunting buddy, Kenneth, has eyballed several Liberty Seated Dimes, now HE should feel guilty hahahah. Best of luck and ...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Once you train your eyes to see certain things you just zero in faster. When Search and Rescue Trackers give the newbies the “Track Aware” class its fun to watch how fast they see man tracks in various terrains.

Once you train your eyes to see certain things you just zero in faster. When Search and Rescue Trackers give the newbies the “Track Aware” class its fun to watch how fast they see man tracks in various terrains.
I went through SAR training 2 years ago... never made it as a ground pounder... I would show up with all my equipment at an active scene after receiving an alert, they "let" me work the coffee table 2 or 3 times with the ladies auxiliary ... :LOL: I am built for rough terrain, but all the over weight old guys would go out and then take 20 minute breaks every 10 minutes... I gave up too much of my time to get involved as a volunteer that was not part of the "in crowd" , they said it may take a year before I was ready to ground search... I have had more training than most of the guys. I resigned. but yeh your right, once you train yourself to look for certain things... you find them!

Gunwolf, someone in the Command structure needs to be fired if thats what they are doing to new people. Yes, it takes a year before most folks understand the theories and have the ground time to go out as a team member but you dont make them the house mouse in camp. People on the ground (or vehicles or horses) is whats needed to search, always is and always will be.
Thin Orange Line is how its done.

Gunwolf, someone in the Command structure needs to be fired if thats what they are doing to new people. Yes, it takes a year before most folks understand the theories and have the ground time to go out as a team member but you dont make them the house mouse in camp. People on the ground (or vehicles or horses) is whats needed to search, always is and always will be.
Thin Orange Line is how its done.
I don't want to get OT of this thread... but I took all my classes the first 6 months... stop the bleed, first aid, ground 1 and 2 rescue and AED... all i have had for many years minus the ground 1 and 2... they never sent my certification(s)... the left hand does not know what the right is doing...and after I resigned they said my stuff must have been lost and I would need to take the classes again. dis organization at the very least... I had more training and hands on with the Tactical Response Force and SC Lightfoot...

I'm always searching the ground,, picking up pennies in parking lots ,, etc . Stopped to put gas in the truck one day ,, found a bent up ring on the ground . Had been run over and flattened, but it said 925 silver . SCORE .

Nice find I have beaches that I detect after storms and sometimes I’ve found silver coins as old as seated on the surface it amazes me!
Matk