Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ground grab on gold field prog

targets

i am a bit confused by this program ..it has pumping in the gb section and you can ground grab with the bottom button,,so which one to use on metal targets .not looking for nuggets just coins ..and does ground grab ID become the one you are using automatically ?or do you have to input it in using manual gb?

Just pump the coil and press it once to grab the ground. GField relies on an exact ground balance, you can use manual setting if you wish, but why would you, pumping is faster.

so the $64000 question ..did gold field proggy find the hoard on your test garden ??no vlf found it yet asfaik..
i cant see much difference between 8 or 4 khz

it would be nice if alain could provide some graphs showing the difference between IAR at 0 1 2 3 4 5 ..to get some idea of the masking thats going on

To get the exact ground with Gold Field, then use that number to put in manual balance. Will that give you the exact balance for the other setting if you use that number? I think I know what I am trying to say, dose anyone else? flintstone

You would think so, personally I think Gold Field has a smoother ground balance. Quite possibly because filtering is different because there is no discrimination as such.
Don't forget the ground balance numbers are pretty much redundant if the mineralisation bar is weak.

yes it looks good on large ..sees iron good too..i buried a horseshoe on my test gadn and its quite clear on ID compared with a sheet of silver