Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground mineralization reading/level

Herb Jones

Just curious as to What the ground Mineralization levels are typically around the country.
.... I often read the phrase " In my soil", what readings are you all are typically getting. Here in New Orleans/ southern Miss. I typically get low 60's

Central MO - 2 bars, or about 88.

In almost perfect dirt out west in Kansas and Missouri on my F70 about 45-50 most of the time.
Her in Birmingham I rarely see those numbers drop below the mid 60's even in the better black dirt, in other areas into the 70's and even the low 80's.

In the real red stuff which I try to avoid when I can but have hunted and is thick, heavy and gooey when wet or Rick hard and dusty when dry mid 70's on up into the 80's.

On an 1800’s iron ore infested beach next to a shipping lane here on Lake Erie. The ground here usually runs 96-98 on my AT Pro an MXT. Unless this beach has a heavy cut from a freak nor’easter storm, can’t find much of anything. The lane an docks are protected by an extensive breakwall. And this location has a history of silver an lost gold. I’ll try my Sovereign GT this summer if I can pry it outta my lil brothers hands up in Alaska. Wish me luck ...

Welp it finally happened. Lil brother sent my Sovereign GT. I bought this new for oll Daddeo to run in Alaska a few years before he passed. Missin ya oll man, way to much! Doesn’t appear he got much use out of it. Sad really. I wanted to see his big smile holding a big nugget.
No shafts or either of the two meters. Only 2 of the three coils. Lil 4x6 coil missing. Lil brothers still looking.
Mounted it on my Eureka golds shafts, bagged the control box. Swings nice now.
I only received the 10 inch tornado and the 8 inch Excelerator concentric. Took it with the tornado to my painful beach today after work.For the first time I’m digging deep sinkers, even a perch rig. Now if I can just slide it over some gold !!!
Really like to mount my 15 WOT coil from my Explorer XS. If I could find an adapter plug, I’m sure it would run fine.
Watch me Daddeo, we’ll find some good gold yet !
Any tips would be Greatly Appreciated. And Thanks for all the post. Just wish I could find everything on this sweet Jem of a detector. This forum is so vast, I’m finding it difficult to pin it all down.
My Explorer XS is the only machine I have that even compares to it.
Thanks! Terry

Here in Western WV the ground runs in the high 50s to the low 60s. Now if you get within a mile of the Ohio River that will drop down to around 30.