Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ground probe

ecoast

My soil is full of ore; vdi @ -94 and I use 5khzbp filter as mineralization is just under 10%

When I check the % of signal with ground probe, if I move the coil to the ground, noise jumps up to 200% +/-, and if I leave the coil still on the ground, will settle down from there. 30-50% noise.

6/55/80 as far as sensitivity.

How can I use ground probe to tell if I am getting max depth w/o 'highbeams in fog' issue from too much sensitivity?
Meaning; what numbers should I be looking for afa signal/noise?

wondering if I have a bad coil; it did pass rx15 test last time checked.
I just can't seem to get any depth in this iron ore ladden soil...

The Ground Probe
This is just another tool available to help you set up your detector. Many people don

yes; that which you sdescribe comes from live controls, ground tracking highlighted, press zoom.

I am talking, from live controls, sensitivity highlighted, press zoom = probe

two numbers here; signal and noise...

You posted about the ground probe so that was the information you got. :thumbup:

Now if you had asked about the sensitivity probe: :poke:

Sensitivity Probe,
This function is activated by selecting the Sensitivity Live Control and pressing ZOOM. All the sensitivity options are displayed on the left of the display. On the right side of the screen are two live

Great info Rob.... You Da Man.......:beers:

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge

Thanks for the thoughtful response; much clearer.

The bold points are key.

I had tried some of the solutions, and you offer some good things to try.
Now with a geater understanding I will be a little more deliberate.

Really tough soil here; recently went to southern part of the state the other week where it was all sandy loam and it was like having a different machine.
So I am hoping to get it to work 'better' here somehow.

You can also try correlate which will help with iron and EMI.

thanks for the links; I have seen them too!

when I first got the machine last year I read every forum-- front to back.

Getting out tomorrow; I will post back any performance gains.