Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GruntZipGrunt!

Hobbyist

I know the GB Pro has a very fast recovery speed, but this evening, I found out just how fast it is. Was tired but bored after work, decided to wax and armorall my machine. I rarely flip it into discrim mode, but just for kicks, I decided to see how it'd do in an air test. Set gain to 100%, discrim to 40 and battery level was at the 2 bar mark with the 5" coil on.

Grabbed a rock that had some color in it (tested with 22k acid). The spot of color is approximately 5mm in length (see attached photo, rock still wet after washing off acid remnants). The ruler in the photo is graduated in millimeters. Swung slow just over the patch of rust and color, maybe about 2.5 to 3 feet/second. I really didn't expect much, but to my great surprise, GruntZipGrunt came thru my headphones!. Mind you, the "Zip" was very short, staccato-like, but crisp and clear. It was repeatable till I moved the coil about 1.5 inches away.

Most of you reading are probably coin/jewellery/relic hunters....but if your machine ever emits a short repeatable zip over a rock, consider applying a sledgehammer with extreme prejudice to the rock. There could be good stuff within! :detecting:

I love how fast the G2 is, its hard for me to consider other machines because Ive done so well with the Bugs.
Its a fast audio report but once your ears are trained or in my case my good ear.:spin:
Their really is allot of information there.
Ive found more gold prospecting the parks than I ever have nugget shooting so far.
Is there any tourist beaches close to you there?
Might be a stock pile waiting for you at low tide.
Don't worry the G2 will overload on land mines and old bombs.:clapping:

:beers:

Something strange happens to me whenever I hit a tourist beach (preferably one with a 5 star resort behind it)....I don't feel like doing anything!:spin:

When I look at that picture all I see is grid marks!:detecting: I would have to hit it. it would always be in the back of me mind.
But Id resist at least for a day.:buds:

Have fun!

Aaah...every so often, one of them fancy sand-sifting machines will come around and clean the beach of any debris; it's rather thorough. Spots where the machine can't reach are manually raked and sifted. You'd have to hit the seabed below the low-tide mark for any chance of finding anything larger than a grain of sand!:crazy:

I'm still waiting for the postman to bring me a batpan. Hopefully it'll arrive next week. I wanna see how it performs on fines. If you never heard of it before, check out batpan.com . To the motherlode, Robin!:devil:

Too bad about the sand sifters!:ranting:
Get your bat pan yet?
I checked them out look interesting, you will have to let me know what you think after you use it! I use a pan called the pro pan cant find them any more. I had two but one got washed down stream in a rain storm while dredging northern Ca. I'm heading up there tomorrow so In the next couple days or so Ill pic the pro pan works almost the same way as the bat pan. Hopefully have some pickers to show too.:detecting: