Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

gt all metal help

Maxwedge

HI GUYS,

I'VE BEEN HUNTING A PLACE NOW FOR QUITE AWHILE. I['VE GOTTEN SOME JEWELERY AND THINGS THERE, BUT, AM REALIZING THAT THINGS ARE DEFANENTLY BEING MASKED BY IRON OR SOMETHING. THE OTHER DAY MY SON AND I WERE THERE AND I GOT A 153 NUMBER. I DUG DOWN 3 INCHES AND MOVED A ROCK AND A QUARTER WAS STARING ME IN THE FACE. ???????? CALLED MY SON OVER TO HELP HIM UNDERSTAND THIS STUFF. TOOK THE COIL OVER IT AGAIN AND IT JUST MADE A WEIRD NOISE, NO 180 SIGNAL. HE TOOK THE GARRETT PINPOINTER AND FOUND 4 NAILS AROUND THE QUARTER. I PULLED IT OUT AND WENT OVER IT WITH THE COIL AGAIN. 153-PULLTAB 2 INCHES BELOW WHERE THE QUARTER WAS. ANOTHER HOLE I HAD A 139 NO. AND THOUGHT MAYBE A SMALL RING. DUG A PRETTY BIG HOLE AND 5 INCHES DEEP AND NO TARGET IN BOTTOM WITH THE S-1, MOVED THE 10 IN TORNADO OVER IT AND PINPOINTED A 139 IN CENTER OF HOLE. DUG A LITTLE MORE AND NO TARGET WITH THE PROBE, BUT WENT AROUND THE HOLE WITH S-1 AND GOT A LOUD 180. OUT PLOPS A QUARTER OUT OF THE SIDE OF THE HOLE ABOUT 4 IN. DOWN. TOOK THE 10 IN. AND NO MORE SIGNAL.MASKING AND MOVING THE PINPOINT IS HAPPENING HERE, BIG TIME. I WANT TO DIG A 10 FOOT SQUARE AREA IN ALL METAL AND SEE WHATS THERE, BUT IS THERE A WAY TO TELL A GOOD TARGET IN ALL METAL? TIPS ANYONE ON SETTINGS AND SOUNDS? MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY.. I'LL POST SOME OF MY FINDS AT THIS PLACE SOON. THANKS-MARK

Mark i see you hunted that entire area in AM mode? did you try switching to Disc to check the targets you did not mendtion it . The GT sounds good to me it acted just right if a quarter was in the side of your hole and surrounded by iron . It is my experiance always if i get that iron null no sound hunting in Disc ill pass over that spot a few more times and if i get a couple of short chearp sound,s normally that means there is a good target mixed in the iron or close to it ,if i dont hear anything ill pass that null spot it is just iron , also if the numbers jump all over the place for instance you see a 120 and then a 158 back to a 119 sure enough there is iron mixed with a good target . The old saying you know dig it all lol Jim

I'M SORRY JIM, FOR THE MISUNDERSTANDING. I WAS IN DISCRIMANTE MODE ALL THE TIME AND WANTED INFO ON ALL METALL. I THINK YOU GAVE IT TO ME. I LOVE YOUR BRACELET. I JUST DIDN'T KNOW A GOOD TARGET COULD PINPOINT SO FAR OFF IN DISCRIIMINATION... HH-MARK