Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GT Coil

What do you guys consider the best all around aftermarket coil for the GT? I am thinking the WOT seems to do pretty well, your opinions?

Why such a large coil?Ive never used one but I find the S12 is plenty big for a detector.Bigger isnt always better.

n/t

Not sure if I would need a 15in WOT or not but I might. I mainly coinshoot but was considering an aftermarket coil if there is one out there that can outdo the one that comes with the machine.

I've been interested in the new SEF and Platypus coils but havn't heard alot about them.

S12 is a great coil. Not a whole lot better depth than the stock coil, but its 12.5" gives it a bit more coverage and maintains all the sensitivity of the 10" Tornado coil. Feels about the same as the stock coil.

The WOT was just to big for me, to much weight and to much coverage, but it has good sensitivity and depth also.

HH
Neil

That 10 inch coil that comes with the GT is a very good coil, but there is times when it maybe too big and sees too much and mask some coins, so the SunRay S-8 is probably my first choice for a extra coil. Now if you feel you need a bigger coil as the area is not too trashy and not as many signals that the best I have found has been the S-12 of SunRays, in fact I did the field test for park use and found it really impressed me with how it can see a good target in with trash and if you know your GT well can expect some great depth with this S12 coil

I have the new SEF 15"x12" coil and I am currently giving it a workout, Deeper, more stable, better target seperation amongst iron than the stock coil by far.
Compared to the 2 Wot 15"s that i have been using for a long time i'm not too sure that its deeper but having said that i am digging stuff that the Wot didn't find, especially smaller stuff.
Last night i dug 47.60

the WOT is a DD coil not a mono. the mono should be deeper but the DD gives you more coverage.

Art (NWOH) said:
What does a mono coil have to do with a Sov? Sovs can't use mono coils.....they are used on PI units.

HH
Angile said that the WOT had a V pattern ( like a mono) ,i just pointed out that it is a DD pattern coil.

Well...
DD coils do have a sort of "V" ....with the tip cut off. Something like a cross between a V and a U. More like a shovel shape. Ground coverage gets a little narrower with depth, and they are the deepest right in the middle.
They don't have a perfectly rectangular coverage, but much closer to it than a mono or concentric.

I have found with my coils that I can expect to lose about 1/3 of coverage at the max depth on average, so I overlap sweeps by about 1/4 the width of the coil.

HH

I know the Wot is a DD coil and its supposed patern in theory but there is no letter to describe it so I only used the V and U as a sort of example to help describe my impresion of the SEF performance in comparison, maybe this is better :) all i know is the SEF seems to be picking up things the Wot didn't in the medium to high depth range with a normal slightly overlapped swing.