Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GT on Beach

lammi

Been out around 5 times with GT and WOT coil , Great machine. I always heard that dept was not that much better with a big coil just better coverage.

Don't beleive everything you here, I cannot beleave how deep i have to big to get out targets, I bought this to cover lots of beach in summer for new drops here in Daytona, It may become my favorite.

I also have a Aquastar PI, And a excaliber for water hunting , The sovereign gets a lot deeper tham the excaliber, and although the pi will go deep and get the smaller gold having disc. has its advantages.

One question I have is , When i get a solid hit and start to dig it up and the hole starts getting very deep the target will vanish but I will still get a null as if iron is there, My rule of thumb is once you get a good hit it is there somewhere even if you loose signal so i just keep digging and sure enough sooner or later the target will come.
I have heard the cz6a nulls on deep targets does the soereign also null on deep good targets
I knew someone that one day told me that they kept looseing targets after digging for them . After i explained that they were just sinking out of range they were left wondering how many gold rings they had passed on by giving up .
Not saying i don't at time throw in the towel but i do give it my best shot
Lammi

Hi Lammi, You are right the depth is so much more with the Wot coil and coverage is great. When you think of it I can scan double the ground as someone using a 8 inch coil.On the beach that makes a big difference with the tide starting to come in. Getting a repeatable signal and then losing it after digging a few scoops. Soverigns hate disturbed dirt or sand.I just automatically check the sand on top if not it is deeper or on the sides so do not give up.It is a great machine and coil. Good Luck! Walter

It's happened to me several times.

Sometimes the signal will get weeker, sometimes, just loose it. I dig another scoop or two and most times it's in the last couple of scoops. If not, I hit pin point and all metal mode to varify it's location, then go again.

The GT and WOT are lethal on deeply burried dimes. I've also had good signals on very small deep pieces of aluminum and deep bottle caps.

That rig can work you hard.

Anybody ever give any thought to the idea Minelabs BBS Machines DON'T PINPOINT WORTH A DARN???? You pinpoint as best you can and as soon as you dig a little the pinpoint area shifts off to the side. JUST KEEP DIGGING! I generally have no real trouble, but once in a while I dig and pinpoint and dig and pinpoint and dig and pinpoint and dig and----- well you get the idea!

usually it is a coin, probably turned on its side. I will take the nexy scoop of whatever I just moved and its in there. if not using the pinpoint usually does the trick. also check what you have already moved- push the piles with your foot to see if its there too. if you had a good signal whatever it was did not dis appear.

I blame it on stigmatism and me refusing to wear glasses.

were grommets, silver beads and other very small objects such as stud earrings, etc. that were detected close to the surface, and after they dropped into the hole they became undetectable. The only way to find that stuff is to dig up as much of the loose sand as possible and spread it out to detect through it again. That's one of the reasons why I got in the habit of scraping the top 1-2" of the sand and move it aside - to see if it's a small, close target. They can drive you nuts sometimes.

The two magnets have been a breath of fresh air JUST INCASE IT IS METAL AND JUNK. SAVED ME LOTS OF TIME WHEN I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS REALL A GOOD TARGET OR NOT.Looked inside scoop many times to find a small needle or nail that started to sound good at first.

I don't use a scoop. I have found wire earrings and small ear posts as well as small trash easily with the probe. The hunt is over as soon as I pass the probe through the pile or the hole. Works in water filled holes too. I wouldn't hunt a beach without it. HH :cool: