Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GT Rechargeable Battery [asap]

midalake

TROLL
Hi all

My rechargeable batt. pack just died. I am in a place that it cannot be rebuilt right now so I need some options. I will have to have someone bring one down with them?

So is there some good rechargeables, for the standard battery pack? Please provide links.....

Also does anyone have advise on a new pack where? cost?

Thanks Guru's

Dave.

Tenergy would be my choice of rechargables in the AA pack. BUT if someone can bring you those, they could get an ONLYBATTERYPACKS just as easy and as cheap. Short term..... use AAs or ANY rechargables available.

Dewcon

I did not see anything on the onlybatterybacks website for the GT? Am I missing something? Thanks for the tip on the Tenergy rechargeables. Where I am at there is no other option execpt AA's...........I am here for three months and AA's will put me in the poor house.

Dave

OK which Tenergy would be the best????...........as I see muptiple options on the mAh possibilities. My battery knowledge on rechargeables is low.

I am also guessing the Tenergy charger is the one to buy as well?

Dave

Sanyo (now Panasonic) Eneloop rechargables in the highest amperage available + MAHA smart charger. I got mine from Thomas Distributing (best price I could find at the time). Pricey up front, but none better on the market and they will last you until the dinosaurs come back.

KinTN said:
Sanyo (now Panasonic) Eneloop rechargables in the highest amperage available + MAHA smart charger. I got mine from Thomas Distributing (best price I could find at the time). Pricey up front, but none better on the market and they will last you until the dinosaurs come back.

Sorry to tyhread jack but thanks guys for your knowledge new to the sov

MaxxPacks (dot com) makes excellect rechargeable packs for the Sov XS, and comes with a Tenergy Smart Charger. You can easily get 20-30 hours out of a charge. You could mod your machine to use the plug it comes with. Pulg in, not snap in. Look them up. I got two for my Sov XS.

Most of the time you want the highest mah you can get...... because that determines how much hunting time you get on them. BUT you have to look at discharge rate to. That relates to how many charges you may get. Watch the charger..... for the Maxxpac it says use on 1000 mah or higher. It will charge them in about an hour or so, BUT id dont recommend you use that same charger on a weak batter like some of the old Xcal blues which has a 700 mah battery. It does shut off, but on an old battery you have to remove the charger once charged or it doesnt know its full and will continue to try and charge it...... that makes it HOT and it could do some damage to the pod. Some way onlybatteries and maxxpac are connected companies looks under MINELAB BATTERIES or do a search once in their site. I use nothing but the maxxpacs now. I like the light on the charger too.

Dew

dewcon4414 said:
Tenergy would be my choice of rechargables in the AA pack. BUT if someone can bring you those, they could get an ONLYBATTERYPACKS just as easy and as cheap. Short term..... use AAs or ANY rechargables available.

I hope no one else bought these peices of junk................I am getting 1.5 hrs of use before they send my detector into low battery mode....A waste of money...........

Dave

If using these batteries in the alkaline pack on the Sovereign may be the reason why you are only getting a short time on the charge. The alkaline pack is made for 8 of the 1.5 volt batteries, the rechargeable batteries are 1.2 volts so 8 of them is only 9.6 volts instead of the 12 volts the factory rechargeable packs are, so they go into low battery alert. I know many claims it works for them, but seen so many it don't work for them. Some say you have to use 2500 Mha batteries or bigger for them to work, myself I have the factory pack for my GT and use a set of alkaline in my spare pack if the factory ones goes dead while hunting.
One thing they work excellent on the Explorers and E-Trac as they are made for the 9.6 voltage, just not the Sovereigns or probably the Excalibur's. Also I have seen some rechargeable ruined with some trying to use chargers with higher amps then the batteries can handle.
I tried the 8 rechargeable in my XS series Sovereigns and they didn't work out, but never tried them on my GT so they can be different, but maybe not as if 9.6 would work you would think Minelab would make them for the GT??

Rick