Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GT-V- 3D

oneton

Has anyone used both the 3d and the gt,if so how do they perform i have a hot 3d with 3 coils 8,10 and 12.5.wondering if the gt is hard to hunt with due to the multi fre,is it deeper than the 3d,better on iron etc thanks for input.oneton

i dont know if its better than your 3d,as i hav not had one,,,but on iron they just dont go off???:ukflag:comcat

oneton said:
Has anyone used both the 3d and the gt,if so how do they perform i have a hot 3d with 3 coils 8,10 and 12.5.wondering if the gt is hard to hunt with due to the multi fre,is it deeper than the 3d,better on iron etc thanks for input.oneton

I used a 3D for a couple of months and the sov for alot longer. The 3D is a nice machine, the killer with the CZs is the limiting amount and type of coils. You get really small coverage at any depth over 5 or 6" with those coils and even if you use the larger coil its coverage isnt that great and actually has a heavier feel than the WOT.

I never saw the affinity towards iron objects that is often stated about with them, probably because when I bought my CZ I bought the Dankowski video which shows how to use it and characteristics of the way it works. I would recommend any CZ user to get that dvd.

I also never liked the disc setup on them, they based it around a bunch of rings and the way the rings read on the machine if I remember right. You cant isolate any particular group of targets to ignore unless its in the progression they have layed out. Now on the CZ Pro I think its called, the digital one, that one you can but not on the ones that are like the 3D with the metered faceplate.

Performance wise they are very deep and one thing I did like about it above the sov was that I found rings, both gold and silver, with broken bands, that the sov was very scratchy on but the 3D gave a solid hit on. Also when not in the salt mode they are better on small gold than the Sov.

Going from dry to wet sand you have to ground balance them and the sov you dont, its absolutely seamless and smoother operating.

Mine was a fisher one from before they where involved with first texas and the quality was very good.

I think the sov can be a little overwhelming at first simply because it doesnt respond to targets like most in the industry. Theres no singular "pop" on a target, its more of a broad response. I also use a Tesoro, Shadow and Whites and there responses are much more like the 3Ds. The sov also responds much slower than the CZ unless you put it in all metal mode. so to sum up Id say the sovs a little deeper on most targets, has a much better selection of available coils,
and is a bit harder to hunt with, but its worth it:thumbup:

Neil