Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GT vs Explorer II for beach detecting

Electro

I am curious what you would prefer for beach detecting if you could have either detector? I have an Ex II and a Excalibur. I am thinking about selling the Ex II and having the GT and Excalibur for beach hunting. Any experiences or insights would be helpful. Note: The EX II is very sensitive but the thing that bothers me is that false signals sound just like gold ring signals(in ankle deep water). Best Regards and thanks to all for your answers.

I had a Explorer II and found lots of great things with it on the beach. Really solid performer but I never took it into the water, not even shallow water. But, and this is just me, it had way too much in the way of programmable features that I simply didn't need and the thing was really heavy. I never could get comfortable using a support like the Swingy Thingy (great idea, just couldn't get used to it) so my arm started to develop some constant soreness (I play lots of golf so this is not good). Anyway, I now use the Sov GT, chest mounted, on the beach. I use it everywhere on the beach but again, not even in shallow water. I can swing this thing all day long with no arm fatigue and it's as stable as the Explorer II ever was, just doesn't have the bells and whistles but that's okay because I don't need them where I'm hunting. So, I guess if I were you I would think about maybe using the Excal in the water and the GT on the beach on days you don't want to go into the water. And as to the ankle deep water, I think you will have some of this problem with any detector. At that depth, I think maybe wave action is causing those problems. The coil either needs to be submerged enough to stay under that. In closing I'll just say that I wouldn't trade the GT to go back to the Explorer for anything. Best of luck.
Jerry