Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTAx 500 and Quattro Hunt

Black Davy

My brother and I hit a snow field that dates back over 100 years this area has a lookout tower above that everyone has been tossing trash off for about the same amount of time. This area is one of the most trash infested of any where we have ever hunted. The GTAX was set up with only the left three notches locked out and the 8" coil the Quattro in coin mode, sensitivity in auto and high trash and 10.5" coil, It should have had the sniper coil oh well. The amount of trash was insurmountable, we pulled 6 wheat's out of the 30 coins we dug in 4 hours and one silver .925 Mexican ring. Most of the coins and the ring were dug with the Garret. Now I know we should have been using small coils but anyhow. My brother is thinking about getting a Minelab land hunting so he used it most of the time, the flute music and the amount of tones was driving him nuts as the Quattro is defiantly more sensitive items he was picking up on the spectrum the Garret was not and most of it trash. I was bragging about how the GTAx was a coin hog. Finally I talked him into using the Garret and bam he got his first wheatie in about a minute. Now both of units are mine and the Quattro was driving me nuts also, I had to notch out everything but clad and forgo getting any gold, so be it. The Quattro then was able to perform much better. There are many places that the Quattro will out perform the GTAx but this area with the coils we were using was not one of them.

Alright!:bouncy:Nice hunt!:thumbup:Congrats on the silver!:cheers:Garrett rocks!:super:Happy Hunting!:)

John,

Moved sold my old house and bought my familys homestead, lots of work to do, so I did not do any type of hunting until the last two weeks.