Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTAX Coils On Ace Series

Tarot

Hi Everyone

There is an auction in the UK for a 14" x 10" GTAX DD coil, and the seller states:

GARRETT 14' X 10'' GTAX DD COIL

Great in mineralised areas

Fits Gtax range of detectors and ACE 150/250

Can anyone confirm that the GTAX range of coils will work on the Ace 150 & 250 and possibly on the 350.

Regards Tarot

I can tell you that if it works on the 150 and 250, it will work on the 350. (info straight from garrett support). As far as coils being interchangeable between the ace series and the GTAX, I have no idea. If I had to guess, I'd say no, but that would only be a guess.

I did a little research, and from what I am seeing, the GTAX coils will work with the Garrett Treasure Ace 200 or 300, but not the current Ace 150-350 series. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.
HH
Darren

Thanks Darren for taking the time to research my question, while I was at work (nights UK). I tend to agree with your findings because if the coils did work, we would have seen reports of other ace owners using them.

Regards Tarot (Bob)

Hi Bob.

GTAX = 7 khz
350 = 8. 25 khz
250 = 6. 5 khz
150 = 6. 5 khz

Can't be certain , have a word with the seller.

It will work. I've switched the 7 x 10 from my 1250 over to the 250 as well as the 9 x 12 and have used the 6 x 9 from the 250 on my 1250 and Freedom Ace Plus machines. I've checked all the coils on the 350 and they all worked. Don't see why the 10 x 14 would be any different.

BigCatDaddy said:
It will work. I've switched the 7 x 10 from my 1250 over to the 250 as well as the 9 x 12 and have used the 6 x 9 from the 250 on my 1250 and Freedom Ace Plus machines. I've checked all the coils on the 350 and they all worked. Don't see why the 10 x 14 would be any different.

Hi BigCatDaddy

Thanks for the first hand knowledge about coil swapping, I am very surprised that we have not seen more people using the GTAX coils, to extend their options on their Ace machines. We know that the 150/250 coils are interchangeable with the 350, and the frequency of the GTAX coils falls between the two (see Leslie's post above)

Did you notice any performance issues or incorrect ID's when using the coils on the Ace series?

Kind Regards Tarot (Bob)

Sorry to get in on this so late.:sad:We been on the road.:wiggle: Yeah, I use the 10"x14" DD Excellerator for the Ace as well as the little 6"x8" SEF Butterfly for the Ace on my old GTAx1250. I've also used that old white round 8.5" Crossfire 2 on my wife's Ace 250. They all work great on either machine. The ID might be off by a notch depending upon your soil conditions.
Best of luck to ya!:biggrin: Happy Hunting!:)

Well that certainly opens up a few other options on coils! Gotta hit fee-bay now and see what they have!
HH
Darren