Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTI 2500 all metal depth

james1969

Hello I hunt in Europe and I am interested in how deep all metal can go with the 12.5 inch in very good ground with no mineralization,maybe someone can compare the depth to my Explorer 2 ? ,Thanks in advance!

James

Hi, I own a 2500. However, you are asking a question that cant be answered...not really. All I can tell you is that the 2500, in comparing all metal mode with your explorer, its going to get comparable depth. I think it would get more due to the design of the coil, but that is just my opinion since I own one. The expolorer II is a great machine. But so is the GTI 2500. Plus the 2500 has the added advantage of being able to add the 2 box coil made for it to be able to get 15 to 25 foot depts on tin can size objects and larger. That is something that the explorer doesnt have.

Hope I could help a little bit.

The depth you get will depend on how well you ground balance and your sweep speed.
If you ground balance the coil 1 inch off the ground then you need to keep your swing
the same distance to get max. depth. There is no way even using the Treasure Hound
unit it would pick up a coke can 15 to 25 ft.!!! What part of Europe are you in if you
don't mind telling? I would like to make contact with several people in different parts.
Are you an American ? Send me a PM if you don't want to post this kind of information.
HH
XT18000

I presume you were mentioning me. Well, as it happens, IF you look at what I said, I said on tin can objects and "LARGER" up to 15 to 25 foot depths. And as it happens, I have used the depth multiplier and gotten barrell size stuff at 20 to 25 foot depths. And I am in the US, in NE colorado. I was answering the guy from europe. I wasnt asking a question. And with the depth multiplier, you are hardly holding it one inch off the ground sinch its held at hip height. The depth multiplier I was using was with my old CX III. The precurser to the 2500. A good machine. And you are correct...how well you ground balance, but since the machine most times does the balancing....and usually more acurately than you would. And by the way...you can be quite surprised at the tin can depth of the multiplier. And tin cans come in many sizes. I didnt say coke can. YOU are the one who said that. I dont mind folks correcting me in an error, but I do like them to be correct in their quotes or attempted quotes in trying to correct me.

XT18000 said:
The depth you get will depend on how well you ground balance and your sweep speed.
If you ground balance the coil 1 inch off the ground then you need to keep your swing
the same distance to get max. depth. There is no way even using the Treasure Hound
unit it would pick up a coke can 15 to 25 ft.!!! What part of Europe are you in if you
don't mind telling? I would like to make contact with several people in different parts.
Are you an American ? Send me a PM if you don't want to post this kind of information.
HH
XT18000

I was not trying to quote you word for word; I was thinking of a test I ran with my 2500 where I
used a coke can in part of it. 27" was the best I could get on it ( air test ). I do however have to
question how a "tin can size object" could be (and why) at that depth. Maybe a trash dump?
But if that was the case then more than just a "tin-can size object" was being detected. The GTI 2500
is a good detector but come on now was the depth measured with a tape measure or "eye balled"?
Not trying to pick an argument nor am I to make you out a liar but when I read claims like this I have to question if it was just a offhand comment or is there some real proof to it. I know everyone
would like to think there equipment can find stuff at unrealistic depths including myself but as we all
know that's not the case in the real world.

james1969 said:
Hello I hunt in Europe and I am interested in how deep all metal can go with the 12.5 inch in very good ground with no mineralization,maybe someone can compare the depth to my Explorer 2 ? ,Thanks in advance!

James

Okay, I used the Explorer XS for a number of years(still own one)and am knowledgeable about the machine. I've used the GTI 2500 since it was introduced and I can tell you from experience that with the stock coil on your Explorer ll you should acheive relatively comparable results considering your machines are set up optimally for the conditions that you are hunting in and for. However, with the larger Coiltek or SEF search coils you will naturally acheive greater depth capabilities with the Explorer. I don't know how proficient you are at either machine, but please, feel free to ask for advice at any time. PM me if you want. Best of luck to ya!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

Try quoting actually what I said. I said tin can size objects and "UP" to 15 to 25 feet. That wording, in context, means tin can sizes and LARGER if you read it. Now, I could have worded it better, but I assumed that reasonable people, and I do mean reasonable, would understand without trying to nit pick, and to my mind, nit pick to massage their own ego in an attempt to start a war of words. How about stopping with the nitpicking. It was meant that from tin can sizes and up to barrell or car...come on. You are the one doing the *****ing nit picking. This is my last response to you. I ws simply trying to help the guy and I actually OWN one of those 2500's, and owned the CX III before it as well as the CX II and the original CX Hunter. I have owned and used the entire line along with the depth multipliers when available. But I dont try to come off as an expert, nor do I try to challenge a simple statement when someone is trying to help someone. So in the words of Motley Crew.....***k *FF

XT18000 said:
I was not trying to quote you word for word; I was thinking of a test I ran with my 2500 where I
used a coke can in part of it. 27" was the best I could get on it ( air test ). I do however have to
question how a "tin can size object" could be (and why) at that depth. Maybe a trash dump?
But if that was the case then more than just a "tin-can size object" was being detected. The GTI 2500
is a good detector but come on now was the depth measured with a tape measure or "eye balled"?
Not trying to pick an argument nor am I to make you out a liar but when I read claims like this I have to question if it was just a offhand comment or is there some real proof to it. I know everyone
would like to think there equipment can find stuff at unrealistic depths including myself but as we all
know that's not the case in the real world.

Hello James!
(air test) Steel barrell - 3 meters
(underground) Some MG32 Cartriges (WW2) - 1,5 meters
(underground) Arrowheads 10-13 ages (iron) - 60 sm