Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTI 2500 All Metal Mode Threshold Question

lloyd0161

When hunting in all metal the Threshold on my GTI 2500 seams erratic. I would expect it to be a somewhat constant hum but it usually dips down to barely audible and then gets loud for a time. Playing around withe auto ground tracking fast/slow/off does little to alleviate the issue. The detector seams to work fine otherwise. Is this normal?

A factory reset has improved the stability of the threshold a bit. I think there is just a lot of small bits of iron and aluminum in the ground that causes the threshold volume to change. This detector is very sensitive in all metal.

Just noisy and deep in all metal depending on the area you are hunting....Drive you crazy in a trashy park.....

The all metal mode is extremely sensitive and you'll hear changes in the ground mineralization.
I don't use this mode on anything but very clean ground. It is also very deep.....10-12"
If there is any old rusty iron that is just rust you'll hear it.
In the all metal mode...and not to be confused with zero discrimination you'll hear everything.
Part of using the GTI in this mode is to listen for very faint or subtle changes to the threshold.
Again I only use this mode in areas that are very clean.... Fresh water beaches that I have cleaned out and am now looking for deep gold rings or small gold chains.

Been using mine to clean out an old beach where a new park is going to be. Volunteer work. Finding lots of deep steel wires that could poke someones foot. When I get an iffy signal I go to all metal mode and find the junk.

John