Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTI 2500 arriving tomorrow

GoGoGopher

Well, the AT Pro is gone, and the GTI 2500 will be here tomorrow...I am sure that if I can get the money and some transportation, that another AT Pro will be in my future (unless they come out with something better)
I would really like to see the AT Pro's technology put into a Land Only machine that did not have all the seals...One you could easliy break down and pack, and change headphones on...."Hint Hint Hint for Garrett"
I will continue to read this forum...

HH,

I disconnected the coil wire so I could read the serial number for registration, and it took less than one minute to reassemble it. Thanks for saving the treasure for us.On land and in the water.

I'll be interested in reading your thoughts about the GTI 2500 Gopher. Always wanted to try a 2500.

Mike

Yes, GGG, let us know how you like the 2500. It sounds like a great detector. Here's hoping that it's perfect for your needs and keeps your finds pouch overflowing! :cheers:

MikeLab said:
I disconnected the coil wire so I could read the serial number for registration, and it took less than one minute to reassemble it. Thanks for saving the treasure for us.On land and in the water.

It is easy to take apart, but every time you do, you risk dirt and grime in the connections (especially in the field) and you put wear on the O-Rings...It just did not fit my traveling situation...I want something I can break down without worrying about seals and contamination...Also something with beefier pins on the conections...If Garrett chaged that, it might not be so bad, but those small holes and pins are just asking for trouble...
As far as the treasure, I have always made the best of any detector I have owned...They ALL detect metal...Some just tell the trash from the treasure better than others....The ATs ARE the best at that so far...
Don't take me wrong...I loved the AT...I just think there are some areas for improvement in the design...If I had a vehicle, I would not have a problem at all.
Also, I AM sticking with Garrett!

HH,

You don't need to be sensitive over this. I'm sure the 2500 is going to get you treasure. I was only trying to rib you a bit and please don't take it to heart. I don't mean to pick at you when I say you could have found a solution. I know you could disassemble the detector easily with a very little practice and probably without disconnecting the cables (just remove the coil from the shaft is one easy way). As for dirt, that's what those caps are for. You screw them on to keep the dirt out. It's your call but I just wanted other people to know it's not as difficult as you think it is. So get out there and find some GOLD with your 2500!

The GTI 2500 is a great machine. Once you get comfortable with the imaging and it's limitations, you will leave a lot of junk in the ground. Good luck with it and looking forward to seeing your finds. :)