Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTI 2500 having problems

WestTn

Went hunting with the Father in Law this weekend and his GTI 2500 was having the following problem: Whenever he would hear a good target tone, he would go back over the area and couldn't find the target. Tried adjusting the sensitivity, tried Salt Elimination, Full Metal Mode, you name it, but the same problem over and over.
Anyone familiar with this sort of strange behavior from a 2500? Ground was fairly mineralized, sometimes clay, sometimes sand, but just a variety of textured soils in Alabama.

Was he using a coil cover? If not, some of the vets will have to answer this question. I'm just a rookie myself. Sometimes the 2500 will pick up something from several feet away. Did he scan the target east to west and north to south to see if he could pick up the target? Was his coil connection to the housing tight? This interests me because I ran into an interference problem from power lines one time with my 2500 and and old rusted galvanized pipe another time.

Sounds like a pocket of mineralized clay to me.

Was he scanning fast or slow? If you scan fast the 2500 will sometimes false on a junk taget that it will discriminate out when you go back over it slow. The GTI's aren't built for rapid scanning as they have too much information to process.

Bill

Sometimes you may find a very small crack in the caulking on the bottom of the coil - this can cause all kinds of problems from moisture -- I had this problem and got a new coil from Garrett - problem solved - Bob