Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTI 2500 Humming Noise

namron13

Question on my GTI 2500 I was out for the first time for about one hr :detecting: yesterday in the all metal mode as recommended by Garrett for the first 100 hr, I get this annoying sound constantly like humming noise does this mean I need to do a ground balance on the unit? I have watch the instructional DVD a couple of times, I know for a fact I will not be able to tolerate that humming sound for much longer.
thanks in advance you all have a great day :detecting:

I believe you're talking about the threshold. Go into the menu and you can lower it until you just barely hear it. Sometimes you will detect a target by the threshold dropping out, so you always want to hear it a little.

John

Yep its the threshold and most like it like the buzzing of a bee while others turn it low so it can't be heard..Doubt if you get more depth with it on but you can tell whats in the ground as the threshold will fade when going over targets discriminated out...Again some like it and some don't and Garrett give you either option so you might want to experiment with the buzzing of a bee
low threshold as many swear by it but again a matter of preference...

I like a little background sound. It is a constant reminder that the machine is working. Also you can hear the smallest of changes. I miss that with the AtPro but leave the iron audio on and get a similar result.

Jerry

Yeah man, that's just the threshold sound. I feel kinda worried whenever I use a machine without a threshold(silent search)'cause I'm so used to having it.:wiggle:

If you don't want to hear that constant threshold sound, or if you just want to turn it down, just go to "menu" and "scroll" to "threshold". Then hit the "minus" touchpad 'til it fades out or becomes more tolerable for you.
Best of luck to ya!:biggrin: Feel free to ask for advice at any time.:detecting: Happy Hunting!:)

Even with my threshold lowered where it is barely audible, I usually push the button for coins or one of the other discriminate modes while I am digging my target. That takes care of the sound and push a button and you're back in all metal. This might not work for others, but for me, it does.