Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTI 2500 with 12.5" coil

gabbyhayes

I'm waiting for spring to arrive, and purchased the 12.5" imaging coil for my 2500 over winter.

Quick question for anyone that has this coil. Have you noticed much difference between the 9.5 and the 12.5?
I plan on using it on a fresh water beach in all metal mode.
I've cleaned out most of the junk and coins and I'm hoping for some extra depth???

Any changes to sensitivity needed? Any real difference in depth?

Ground here is still frozen with about 1 foot os snow, but the snow is starting to go fast.
Can't wait to start swinging again.

I have one for my 1500. You're going to notice a little more weight of course. Going to take getting used to the pinpointing. No big deal if your scooping sand.
I use it (like your going to) to try and clean up what's left. One soccer field in particular I hunted. I had gone over pretty good with the 9.5 coil. Well that big coil started picking up some deeper coins I had left. Mostly nickels. A lot of them seemed to have been on edge. One thing to watch for with the Imageing. If you get a good coin note, but the machine just can't quite lock on it. Dig it for sure. The target is laying at the machines deepest depth. Or on edge. You probably already know all this, but after a year it took a little for it to come back to me.