Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

gti 2500 ?

Sorry, but no imaging available on the double "D" coils. I have the 5"x10" as well as the 10"x14" double "D" coils and they are the search coils that I use most often with my GTI 2500. I prefer them, because they handle hot ground very well and they cover more ground at depth than the circular coils. I even use the 5" EXcellerator coil at times which has a double "D" configuration. I have the 9.5" and 12.5 inch imaging coils and use them on occasion, but I still prefer the double "D"s. I'm not too concerned with the size of the object I'm diggin'. I dig pretty much everything anyway. Happy Hunting:)

No.
I have the 5x10 on my 1500 and like it. The 2 things that I really like about it, is that the recovery speed is a lot better and the tones are much more animated than the imaging coil. By this I mean that you get a greater variation in the width of signals, which help markedly in figuring out what you have under the coil.
Mick Evans.

when you say it doesn't have imaging, does that mean it doesn't show up as a b or c target? I believe the gta part up top will show the 1-2 top and depth below, just not what size target it is on the grid. or, maybe I got it backward.

You are correct fongu. With the double"D" search coil you will still get a conductivity/discrimination reading on the top bar scale when a target is scanned and a depth reading along the 2nd bar scale while pinpointing. Just no sizing or depth reading on the treasure vision GTI scale down below. Happy Hunting!:)