Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

gti 2500

I have one and love it. I have found thousands of coins and rings with it. Once you learn the imaging and it's limitations, it saves you a lot of time by leaving larger then coin sized objects in the ground. The true all metal mode goes "DEEP"! Notching allows you to discriminate out the junk targets without losing depth. Below is a histogram comparing the 2500 with other Garrett detectors. It is an air test, and depth results will vary from one area to another area. The true all metal mode can be ground balanced to ground conditions. The photo of the GTI 2500 shows the notches removed to tweak it up for Canadian coinage (clad)

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_gti2500_main_international.aspx

I'm drooling over one just for the imaging. It and the Teknetics T2 are on my short list of detectors I like, with the G2 and AT Gold.

If you happen to get a used one with the old white 9.5 coil, or the old 5x10DD coil, it is best to replace them with the newer coils, as they would develope leaks...

HH,

I have used a GTI 2500 for several years. I, still, have not gotten used to the all metal mode. How do you get a steady threshhold tone in all metal? I used to like how the older ADS models had "aurtomatic" tuning on them and kept a steady threshhold. Does anyone have any suggestions???

I have used other top machines,but none of them come close in comparison to the GTI2500. With the size imaging and other key features,it's the most ergonomical and easy-to-use machine--in my opinion.The way it separates trash from the goods in trashy areas is unreal.

The 2500 is the only detector that I've truly never got mad at.This detector goes DEEEEP and it's very accurate--even on deep targets. The weight has never been an issue with me.

I have a Garrett 2500 new to .This is my first machine. I am looking to find gold ,, but How do i set it up for such, and how does the ground balance work?
I thought it was automatic.. I set at all metal ground balance autofast threshold 5-8 sensitivity at 7 is this a good ajustment.. Live in arizona.. any information would be great...

I love my GTI-2500. It's the only metal detector I have ever owned and it's smarter than me, but I'm learning by and by.

The GTI2500 will continue to amaze and surprise you with its capabilities.It's the deepest detector I've ever used.

Are you talking about raw gold, like nuggets?? If so, the 2500 would not be my first choice. The AT Gold would be my first choice followed by the Scorpion Goldstinger. You want a rig that runs at a high khz for gold and at around 7 khz, the 2500 just doesn't have enough. If you're committed to the 2500, at least get a 5 x 10 DD coil which will help.