Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTI2500 Threshold

gabbyhayes

Does the threshold tone on the GTI2500 blank when the coil passes over a target that is discriminated out?
I always assumed that it did as my whites V3i does, but recently noticed that it doesn't blank the audio.
I normally hunt in zero mode so I have never ever noticed this.
On one occasion I was in the coin or jewelry mode and noticed that the threshold never cut out. Not sure is there is a problem or this is normal.
I've had the GTI2500 for a long time,but have only recently noticed the lack of blanking.

Hi Gabby ! I just did a test with my bran new GTI 2500 and here's what I came up with. In Zero mode my threshold stays solid with no tone change. That being said I used a peace of steel a ball of tin foil and a large muffler clamp to do this test, and that what I came up with. Now mine is bran spanking new and dose not have the voice on it. I have the 9.5 the 12.5 IMG coils as well as the 5x10 scorcher and a NEL Tornado coil. I am not sure if Garrett made some type of change on them or not. I cant say enough good things about this Detector! It dose a real good job if you use it in the right modes in the for the place and type of hunting you are doing. I have noticed with the IMG coils if you run turn sensitivity to high with the IMG coils you can get a bit of falseing from time to time. That being said, that's with about all types of Detectors in my experience. The NEL coil is not giving me that, but then again I run it different as well. The NEL coil is to me as good as they say they are I have been finding some deep targets with it. All in all I love the NEL and the Scorcher coils they work well for me. I just wish I had bought on sooner :thumbup:. I hope this helps and if I can help in any other way just give a shout. Blessing.

Thanx for replying.
I was wondering if you could try putting your GTI2500 in coin mode and then passing the coil over some iron and see if the tone blanks out. I know it shouldn't in zero mode but most other detectors do blank the threshold tone when the coil is over anything that is discriminated out.

I've had my GTI2500 for quite awhile and it is a great detector especially considering it has been around for so long. In the All Metal mode it will pick up small jewelry at amazing depths!
My 2500 is the newer model that doesn't talk.

Gabby

Plug popper said:
Hi Gabby ! I just did a test with my bran new GTI 2500 and here's what I came up with. In Zero mode my threshold stays solid with no tone change. That being said I used a peace of steel a ball of tin foil and a large muffler clamp to do this test, and that what I came up with. Now mine is bran spanking new and dose not have the voice on it. I have the 9.5 the 12.5 IMG coils as well as the 5x10 scorcher and a NEL Tornado coil. I am not sure if Garrett made some type of change on them or not. I cant say enough good things about this Detector! It dose a real good job if you use it in the right modes in the for the place and type of hunting you are doing. I have noticed with the IMG coils if you run turn sensitivity to high with the IMG coils you can get a bit of falseing from time to time. That being said, that's with about all types of Detectors in my experience. The NEL coil is not giving me that, but then again I run it different as well. The NEL coil is to me as good as they say they are I have been finding some deep targets with it. All in all I love the NEL and the Scorcher coils they work well for me. I just wish I had bought on sooner :thumbup:. I hope this helps and if I can help in any other way just give a shout. Blessing.

Hi Gabby. I tried the test and there is no change in the Threshold at all. Hope this helps. Yea in all metal you best take a shovel to dig with instead of a knife :cheers:

Thanx, as I suspected. Good luck with your GTI2500. You are correct about the shovel. It is the detector I use at the beach once I've cleaned it out. It can find the smallest of targets at amazing depths. I think I found a BB once at about 10" in the all metal mode. Blew me away.

gabbyhayes said:
Does the threshold tone on the GTI2500 blank when the coil passes over a target that is discriminated out?
I always assumed that it did as my whites V3i does, but recently noticed that it doesn't blank the audio.
I normally hunt in zero mode so I have never ever noticed this.
On one occasion I was in the coin or jewelry mode and noticed that the threshold never cut out. Not sure is there is a problem or this is normal.
I've had the GTI2500 for a long time,but have only recently noticed the lack of blanking.

I have observed that using Garretts green machines back in the past...that the threshold was nothing more than a background hum. It did not 'null out' or even 'tick' when passed over a rejected target. Just personal observation. :nerd:

I do know the threshold will drop out sometime on deep targets. That's when I switch to all metal to find it.

John