Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Guess who finally found a Gold Strike:detecting:

Mike Hillis

ME, ME, ME!!!!

Finally. Been watching for a nice one to show up at a good price for quite a while. Finally got a chance to get a new one for under $300. Yippee for me :wiggle:

This will be my third time around with it. I know many don't like it but I do. I like the hot rock handling.

Well, just had to shout out. HA!

HH
Mike

Congrads! on the find and a new one at that.
I've never tried a Gold Strike, I know I really like my first Coinstrike, its pretty amazing that those detectors are still showing up NEW!
Good Luck with!

Mark

Thanks Mark.

I'm pretty excited about it.

HH
Mike

Congrats on the Gold Strike.I love them old Fishers.Can you post some pics?

My Goldstrike arrived yesterday. It is a cream puff. New as described.

While I was bench testing last night I noticed something I hadn't noticed before; there is no spot in the ground balance settings that decreases the response to gold.

The Ground Balance range is -99 to +99, zero inclusive, in increments of 1. In other words the range goes -99 to 0 to +99. At a -99 setting high conductors like clad dollars read as iron. As the ground balance is moved away from the negative side toward 0 the hi conductors start to re-appear as non-ferrous. By the time you get to -50 they are hitting pretty good and the response continues to get a little better as you move closer to 0. However, as you pass 0 and continue to +99 the high conductors continue to respond better and better until at last you hit +99. At +99, a clad dollar is responding with a repeatable non-ferrous response at 13".

So the ground balance settings do have an effect on high conductor response.

However. ground balance settings from -99 to 0 have no effect on gold response. Using my thin 18 K white gold ring, I noticed no change in response in ground balance settings from -99 to 0. I continued to get a pretty consistant 8" non-ferrous response on the ring which is expected for the 5x10 DD coil as I've discovered with my 5x10 bench marking exercise. But, as I move toward and to a +99 setting, the ring response improved, until at a +99 setting I was getting another 1-1/2" in distance.

This was performed with a Sens setting of 9. Threshold setting of 0. Disc setting of 99.

So a positive ground balance setting improved both low and high conductor responses significantly.
No spot along the ground balance setting range deadened low conductor response.
High conductor non-ferrous response decreases as ground balance settings move toward and to -99.

Of course, since the GoldStrike is no longer in production this info doesn't help many people but I thought some might find it interesting information.

HH
Mike

I also have a Goldstrike it is one hot detector , when I purchased mine it came with two coils a 6 and 10 inch the only thing that is a little off there is no pinpoint mode , but if you have been detecting for a while it is easy to pinpoint , and I owned a Minelab Eureka Gold Strike and compared the two on a small piece of placer gold that I had mined the Fisher hit it loud and clear and the Minelab did not respond in any setting , I agree with you on not a lot of people liking this Fisher model , like you I also like this unit a lot it finds targets other detectors won't respond to, I like your info on your fisher also , so you did get some good knowledge out there , that I can use , when ever I mention that I use a Gold$trike I get a lot of negative responses . thanks for the info on the Gold$trike !!!
Rick:clapping::fisher:

Thanks Rick.
Have you checked out the low volume settings? At the lower volume settings the higher signal levels use the lower volume and the smaller signal levels use a higher volume. Pretty cool. Check it out.

HH
Mike

What frequency is that baby running? It seems that all of the gold machines are running in the upper teens. But, Fisher has been know for running a gold machine much higher. Now brand X has one out there in the 50 kHz range.

Hi Rob,

The GoldStrike runs at 30 kHz.

HH
Mike

Hey Mike: I realize this is an old post of yours and you may not even have the GoldStrike anymore. That being said, I just picked up two GoldStrikes' as a package deal (had to buy 'em both) and I'm now going to turn around and sell one of them. One has the 6 inch coil and the other has the 10 inch coil. Could you take a minute and let me know which size coil you had and how well it worked for you. I'm trying to decide which of the two coils I want to keep and which one gets sold.
Feedback from any other GoldStrike veterans would also be appreciated. Thanks!