Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

gun search

A

Anonymous

Hello to all:
I wanted to know if somebody can help me; it is that they took charge me the production of a portico to detect weapons in a school and I don't have experience in this. Do only manufacture coils of 40 cm. of diameter and now I do have to also manufacture not two of 20 cm. x 200 cm. you that principles use the porticos, if they are PI or VLF or inductive Balance, can Somebody seek advice???????
Thank you Carlos

Hi Carlos,
Most of the walkthrough detectors I know of are PI. There used to a few VLF IB types but keeping large balanced coil systems stable is a big problem. Some detectors are zoned so that you can tell which 1/3 of the body height the weapon is hidden in. Large vertical receiver coils are prone to pick up a lot of noise, so a noise cancelling coil arrangement and efficient noise filtering is a must.
We produced a PI frisker of which many hundreds were sold to UK and European airports and prison services. The frisker is usually used after an alarm has been given on the walkthrough to pinpoint the exact location of the object.
Eric.