Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had a good and enlightening hunt Easter afternoon...

JFlynn

Belly full, everyone left, so did I. Made my way to the ghetto gridding the old parts of town looking for anything new to detect under, (torn down house). My last hunt I hunted a sidewalk up to an old house now condemned. I hunted with the stock 11" coil on the Racer. Did pretty good and knew I left a few targets. Well ended up in the same place after riding around and put the small coil on it. Not over 200 sq ft, more like 150 probably. Ground conditions for most of the hunt were 3/4 or more of the pie filled in. Dirt and the amount of trash caused that. Lot's of, I mean a lot of trash. Here's what I found on my last hunt. About an hour.

Put the small coil to the ground for about 1.5 hrs and had a hard time really getting to move around, so many targets and I saw a lot more I didn't even dig. Very small area. I didn't even scan 1/3 of it with the small coil. About like the other sidewalk hunts once I put the small coil on. Every hole and dug plug had several pieces of metal in them. Here's what I dug this afternoon.

There's still a lot there, silver has to come soon 5 or 6 wheats in the bunch. There's a silver medallion and a glass "globe" with silver inlay that was neat. At least a dozen dimes. Most all under 4 inches and a couple in the 5 inch range, The small coil on this machine really pops, I like it. What I did do while scanning today. I was at 70 gain and inched it up to 90 then 95. Somewhere along the high point gain wise the machine just slaps the good metals sound wise. On the way home spotted a new tear down. I'm gonna hit it in the morn. Should produce good as it hasn't been touched yet. The Racer will be on it donning the small coil. Here's a pic, very small lot but 100's of yrs lie beneath the now gone house. Trash pit city here, good huntin though.

Great hunt so far! Find that silver!

When you said it slapped out the sound at the 90-95, did they pop out the sounds better to you ?

Bubba