Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had fun with Anfibio, but disappointed when I got home

I was able to spend some time yesterday detecting an older farmhouse with my Anfibio Multi. It was a beautiful day, and I was happy with my finds. I found two Mercury dimes, which is always fun. However, when I got home, I only had one Merc in my pouch. I searched and double searched, but it was no where to be found. I thought back on my time there, and think I figured out what happened. At one point, I sat down in a lawn chair to have a snack and some water. I remember my pouch getting tipped back when I sat down. I dare say that is when it slipped out of my pouch. It was in a separate pocket in my pouch by itself. So, if I get back over to that area, I will stop by and check if it is laying where I sat down. I used both my stock coil and my 7" concentric, hunting in 5-tone and 3-tone, 14 khz.

Attachments

• sw city.jpg
    sw city.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 176
Nice work. I like the teardrop earring and the buzz bait spinner.👍 I’ve been missing hunting the farms and fields. That was my main hunting In the midwest. Deep South is nothin but pines and cypress! Haven’t dug a field in over 6 months! No dense iron patches or old homesites yet... lots of CW lead though.

Hey IowaRelic. I hear you. I did most of my detecting in Iowa. I moved to NW Arkansas about 13 years ago, and detecting is much more difficult down here because of the rocky soil. I don't think the coins and relics are as deep in NW AR because of the rocky soil. Thus, most of the targets are easier to find, and have already been found by former detectorists. I still get back to Iowa often and almost always take my detector with me, as it is so much more pleasurable digging in the Iowa dirt.

Coins will fly out of a pouch if you don't watch it. They like to be free! Over the years, after losing a couple of keepers I finally started putting all old coins straight into my pants pocket. Never lost any after that.