Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had my heart going.

Eddie(AL)

Hunted with buddy Don today on some empty house lots in Birmingham southside. I've pulled a few wheats and a silver Washington quarter from these lots in the past with my Whites XLT. The lots have a lot of trash and the soil in this part of town has high mineralization that is very unevenly distributed. Anyway, This is only my third hunt with my SE and still have a lot to learn. But I am quite impressed with its ability to separate targets in this environment. As everything I have read has said, patients and working !!!! S L O O O O O W !!!! is the key. Don pulled an early 1900's (don't remember exactly) Barber dime and several wheats. He has been hunting with an SE for about a year now, I think. I had hit lots of targets that read below and to the left of copper and zinc pennies. After retrieving a number of mashed screw caps with this signal I had just about quit digging them. Fortunately I dug one more and out popped a 1905 Indian Head penny. Only my second IH in 7 years. The target that really got my heart going, though, was just the right size and color to be a 3 cent piece. However, it had so much crud on it I couldn't immediately ID it. My hopes were up as I'd never dug one of these. I got it home and was cleaning it when I saw a shield on one side and got pretty excited. But .... as you can tell from the picture, it turned out to be a piece of play money. Oh, well, next time!

[attachment 150882 IMG_1122.jpg][attachment 150881 1905-Indian-2010-01-22.jpg]

Nice Indian Head anyways. I know how you feel getting pumped up thinking you had a 3 cent piece. I was in an old area and saw some yellow in the hole. What I thought was my first gold piece turned out to be a brass button. Oh well, it's all fun anyways. Continued success with your SE and HH.

Nice indian - I hear you on those mashed screw caps - I have an old park which should have indians, but I haven't had the patience to dig all the screw caps (7-25), I am still fairly new with the Exp. SE, so I hope I can learn to pick out the indians from the screw caps.

I hate those little play money coins. They've fooled me and others I've hunted with a bunch of times.

Last week the Cabin Fever peaked and I sneaked over to an old park that had thawed enough to hunt a few areas. I picked up a high square tab signal deeper than usual. Is was out of the norm so I thought I might have a big gold ring or similar. I rolled back a deep plug and took a handful of dark brown dirt out of the hole. SunRay probe said it was still there in the bottom. I took another bare handful of dirt out and felt something smooth and metallic against the back of a finger. Looking down in the bottom I see the rounded edge of a gold ring peeking up at me from the dark. Alright, now this is hunting! I gingerly loosen the dirt around the area with the Lesche and carefully lift the ring and the dirt onto my ground cloth. Poof ! Somehow or other on the way out of the hole my gold ring turned into a taco'd gold aluminum cap. Boy did the air get let out of that balloon fast.

But we keep hoping, don't we? I hope the next one is a Three Cent Piece for ya.

HH

Rich (Utah)