Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had these 2 bottles given to me help

Very nice, old, pontiled Bitters! I believe that could be scarce.

Early 20th century.

The clue is in the "Act of 1897"

Machine made bottles began about 1906. The pontil mark on the base is pre-machine made, actually hand blown. They also should not have any vertical seem line on the sides of that bottle.

A nice find indeed. All bottles after these where made by machine and the labels are in fabulous condition. Very few labels survive. Keep them clean and dry, do not coat them with anything. You might be surprised at the value. You have one or 2 very collectable bottles.

I did some searching. The label on the back of the whiskey bottle alludes to another distillers name, Boldrick Callaghan, which in the records was only used in 1920 when the business shut due to prohibition. http://www.pre-pro.com/midacore/view_distillery.php?did=DST377

You might find seams in that bottle, from automatic bottle making, but it still is an old label in great condition and possibly rare.

HH

Cool

I live very close to athertonville ky . The building where that whiskey was made is now used to make whiskey barrels.

to give you a labeled pontiled bottle is awesome thats worth some bucks, keep it in good shape, it not the average bottle very nice on the pontilled one