Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had to fix my scoop

ROBOCOP

After 6 months of heavy use digging the wet sand of Florida's east coast I had to get my scoop handle reinforced.

Where the handle met the reinforcing truss about 4 inches above the bucket I was getting a stress fracture in the handle.

The welder/manufacturer did a nice reinforcing job adding a long support from bucket to handle and splicing a patch over the stress crack area.

Here's some before and after pics.

Have to keep your bucket stiff you know.

I seen a scoop like that on turtle trail a while back! who makes it?
chuck.

ha!!! cool, thanks for the phone number!
are you going to be at the treasurehunters cookout?
chuck.

On April 20th ?

Yeah probably. I think Bigdogdad will be there too. I think he is up for a reality tv show.

Should be fodder for a fun time.

yes, april 20th!!!! bigdogdad is a character, have you seen the back and forth between him and a few others on one of the other forum's??? this will be my 4th cookout, ive made a lot of great friends there!

where is mark located and does he fabricate? weld aluminum, stainless steel and titanium????
chuck.

Mark is in Melbourne, Florida.
He is a master welder by trade.Scuba diver/instructor on the side. Scoops are like a hobby for him. He's busy doing big marine jobs a lot.

Yeah I saw the comments on the other forum.
Bigdog got caught up in that internet drama. I don't post there just for that reason.

Good luck getting a scoop.

I will definitely have to call him, I could use some scoop work and ive been looking into getting myself and 13 year old son certified!!! a place in merit island is advertising scuba lessons/certification for $239.00 normal price is $100.00 more.
chuck.

ROBOCOP said:
Mark is in Melbourne, Florida.
He is a master welder by trade.Scuba diver/instructor on the side. Scoops are like a hobby for him. He's busy doing big marine jobs a lot.

Yeah I saw the comments on the other forum.
Bigdog got caught up in that internet drama. I don't post there just for that reason.

Good luck getting a scoop.