Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had to return "my" Outlaw

Furious T

The Outlaw that I have been using was loaned to me by Paul Knee, the Australian importer and distributor for Tesoro. Paul kindly allowed me to hang onto it for some time, and I appreciate the fact that he didn't put me under any pressure to return it to him. I have to say that the Outlaw was a pleasure to use...light like all the Umax range, very sensitive with great discrimination characteristics. The depth I obtained using the Outlaw was consistent with that obtained by my Eldorado, but the combination of the Outlaw with its various coils was impressive in that the audio signals were clear and distinctive, even on targets at depth (I am thinking of a tiny silver ring I found at 6"+ using the 12x10 DD coil). The combination of the Outlaw and the 8" round (concentric) coil has to be second to none in terms of response and clarity. It is one sweet machine. If I have a regret regarding the Outlaw, it is that I didn't get a chance to use it at a saltwater beach...I believe that the Outlaw/12x10dd combination would do very well (this assessment is made on the success I have had on saltwater beaches, wet and dry, with my Eldorado. Thank you again Paul, for the chance to try this great machine from Tesoro. HH

Thanks SpiritRelic. It was fun using the Outlaw and reporting in about it. Hope what I was able to offer was helpful and/or interesting. It's good to hear about new detectors (I enjoy it, anyway) and I try to be as objective as I can when I am doing something like that. HH

ya that 8" coil is deep and clear sounding , and the 10x12 handles minerals so much better, let me say the 7" widscan is no wimp eather