Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Halloween may be postponed for most of CT

Bobbie

Mother nature played a nasty trick on CT with 18 - 24 inches of heavy wet snow that took down trees and power lines, 2/3 of CT has no electricity, phone,,celI phone or cable services. The shoreline was not hit as bad as inland so some people are obilvious to what has happened to the state. If one does not have generator power, they are sunk for at least a week. Our house is on a trunk line and it has been without power for 2 days, We are presently in FL for the rest of this week and will be heading back. If there were any thoughts about our decission to move to FL........they are certainly gone now. CT has sufffered a hurricane, an earthquake and now a historic freak snow storm that has crushed CT. We have often laughed about California cracking off and falling into the ocean, but I think CT will go first now!!

Electrical wires are ripped from homes, along with their siding, Trees are all over the power lines.......tree huggers up here love their trees next to power lines.......trees have smashed through roofs, onto cars and even disrupted rail service. Grocery stores and gas stations are closed, no back up generator power. Long lines at gas stations with power. Schools have been turned into shelters, firehouses are filling up containers for drinking water. It is a real mess. I have been in contact with my sister who has satilite cell phone in her car and she said it is like a huge tornado ripped up the state and spit it out.
When we get back to CT, we do have a back-up generator for the house but that will only run the lights, furance and refrig. The well pump needs a second 220 generator to run that. It may be 2 weeks before services are restored to near normal for most people.

A hurricane or 2, even ten I could deal with in FL compared the the weather in New England. Last winter roof rakes were at a premium, so many building and homes collapsed from the weight of all the snow. Plus we got shook up with earthquake! Snow and ice can be more damaging than a strong wind and rain.
If a meteor that size hit FL I think everyone in VA would be real worried too! even the ones in the mountains. Tsunami may hit them.

Yea, freak snow storm. The problem here in PA was that the leaves are still on the trees and they hold a lot more snow = more weight. Never seen so many tree limbs/branches on the ground. The tree guys will be busy.