Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hand grip on F-70

diggin4relics

How hard will it be to change the hand grip on the F-70? When mine comes back I'd like to change the foam handgrip on mine to a handgrip like is used on a Shadow X5. It is more padded and comfortable. That certainly should not effect the warranty at all. When I got mine originally, I had the dealer put it together and try it before he shipped itto me.

Mike

I looked mine over and came to the conclusion that something would have to be "un-soldered" In that case it would void the warranty.............MO

I GOT TO TRY TONY'S F70 A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. TO ME IT SHOULD BE A LITTLE THICKER.GO TO A BIKE SHOP AND CHECK TO SEE IF ANY OF THERE GRIPS WILL FIT AROUND IT.I BOUGHT A SAND SCOOP ONCE AND THE GUY USED BIKE GRIPS.TURNED OUT GREAT.JUST A THOUGHT.

Like I said, the only way to replace the foam grip is to take it apart, which would void the warranty. When the t2 & F75 came out, some guys were using golf club grip tape to enlarge the grip.

Why not go to Home Depot or Lowes hardware and look in the heating and cooling wrap area,just my thought..

the 1/2" foam wrap is too small and the 3/4" is too big. I'm thinking about using the 1/2", when you split it and wrap it on the pole you still have about 1/4" gap but cutting a sliver from another piece and attaching it into the gap with just a little rubber cement and then wrapping it with tennis racket tape just might work. I'll give it some thought and give it a try. John

It's not like messing with the electronics unless you plan on unsolding the wires. You don't think it would work to just split the new grip down the middle (top to bottom) on one side, wrap it on the rod and bond it with plastic dip? Let me know where you get the X5 grip from, I'd like to order one myself. Let me know at texasdigger@sbcglobal.net if you do get one. Thanks, John