Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hand held GPS during detecting....

copperhead

Has anyone out there taken along a gps while detecting and logging where their finds were found?

It might be useful for people that hunt multiple large fields.

I tried it last year on the beaches because of the continuing movement of the sand. It seemed to work fairly well. I found a ring and a medallion pretty close to each other in a three week time span.

If for nothing else, you can mark your hot spots and not worry about forgetting where they were when you return.

uses in the field like marking any spot you want to return to, marking where you parked, where you dropped your pack off so you can find it again when it's needed instead of carrying it the whole time, or for marking your finds. It also tracks your movements and can be uploaded to mapping software to a map of the area you are hunting and then you can see where you've been and where you need to go and any concentrations of finds in areas you've hunted. Not to mention when you are exploring for new spots and get turned around in the woods.....you can find your way out. There are lots of applications it can be very useful at. Too tired to think right now but I don't go relic-hunting without mine.