Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Handheld Pinpointer or Sunray Inline Probe?

The inline. Once the switch is flipped it becomes a mini coil with the same tones and TID. You dont have to move the detector aways from you because of the feed back you do get on a hand held. You dont loose them, they have great depth, and since the coil cable is now on the outside its faster to change coils. Right now is THE time to get one..... because Ralph is discontinuing them and hes the only one who makes them.

Dew

When I first got started metal detecting Bryce told me how important the Sunray probe was.
I can't imagine ever having to hunt without it now.:thumbup:

Let me put it this way. I won't buy a CTX 3030 because it doesn't have an available in-line probe. I have a Garrett handheld but never used it. It is for guests.

SunRay. I would be lost without mine.

I have two Garrett Pro-Pointers and a brand new Sunray X-1 on my Explorer SE. I love my Garretts but you can't beat the target ID that the X-1 provides !!

No question about it the Sunray is the best but does add weight, bulkiness to an already heavy unit.

Many use hand held pinpointers and I wouldn't leave home without my Garrett pro so its your call...

I have the Sunray on Explorer II, It is very handy, I wish I had one on each of my other machines. For them I use a Detector Pro Uniprobe.
I would have to turn the coil away from the target and several feet away to use the detector uniprobe with the explorer.