Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Happy, Happy, Happy!!

CladDog

The one detector I have sold that I later deeply regretted selling was the Golden uMax. When I realized my mistake, it was too late to get a new one. Tesoro had discontinued.

After that, the price of used Golden's skyrocketed. Well, I guess the anticipation of the new Cazador has broguht the prices back to earth. Today, I found Golden in mint condition (if the ad was true and I have no reason to doubt it was). It was bought and tested indoors, and then the battery was removed and it has sat in a case in a closet for 2 years. Its never been outdoors. There is no warranty card as it was submitted at the time of purchase.

The price was reasonable, so I bought it! :clap:

I am so happy to get another Golden again! Its the newer tone model. I don't really care if the two middle tones wash together. All I need are three tones and the notching feature. I'm so glad to have one again!

Anyway, I want to get a small concentric coil to go with it. Between the 5 3/4" and 4" round concentrics, which do you folks think is better? I have a 5 3/4" inch on my Compadre so I'm familiar with it, but I've never tried the 4". It seems like that little hockey puck coil could come in handy. Any thoughts?

5 3/4 :thumbup:
or better yet clean sweep :twodetecting:

You dog you! You did great finding a new tone Golden

Nice.

Mine was shipped out from Texas yesterday (5th.). Lightly used new tones, with two coils. I see Kellyco has the 4'' coil. Has anyone used it on the Golden Umax? I use a 4'' on my CZ3D and love it.

This will be my first Tesoro.

Cliff.

Why not consider the 7 inch wide scan? Love this coil! No loss of depth compared to the concentric 9 x 8, a clearer, sharper signal on the coins, with great separation in the trashy areas, or areas where there are many targets close together. I know some don't like the wide scans because they say they are harder to pinpoint with, but after a little practice this becomes a non-issue.

I mainly coin & relic hunt around old home steads and lumber camps that are infested with nails and other iron objects. This is where the 4'' on the CZ worked best. With the golden u max I will go back to the old abandoned ski slopes and picnic areas, ccc camps ect..... Just thought the 4'' would be handy there also. I have a 10'' dd for my dfx and never really liked it much. Pinpointing in trashy areas was tough. But I'm willing to try the smaller 7'' wide scan coil. This detector comes with the stock and 5.75 coils.

Can't wait for that Golden to get here.

My soil is very mild, so a DD coil really has no benefit.

DD coils love to sound off on bottlecaps like they are good targets, while the concentric will peg those things as junk 90% of the time.

I love them concentric coils!

The 4" is surprisingly deep for its size. However it's like shining a narrow spot light beam so the best way to use it is save it for extremely trashy sites or tight quarters, move slow and hunt a small area at a time throroughly.. It really is surgical in its separation.
BB

I use the 7" concentric on mine and it seldom gets parted from the machine. Small enough to be good in trash, and just a bit more ground coverage than the 5.75", and, I think, a little better depth.