Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hard fought merc

gunwolf

back to the trashy, mineralized street strip I have been hitting now and then. today was go ahead and dig all good signals no matter how shallow or what VDI they had...I was using the andy s disc pattern. I dug alot of trash, on a few holes I removed a bottle cap and rescanned and found the marble...on the way to the yellow VW... I also found a trophy top about 8 inches away also masked by the bottle cap. about an hour in I got a solid 12-46 on the E-trac, dug and it was copper wire, checked the plug and got a deep faint but repeatable 05-43/45 a bit scratchy but I dug down through rocks and clay and out popped this dark 1940 merc... I'll take it! it just goes to show ya, not every detector can see through the pounding shallower targets, sometimes removing them is the only option.
w5HWXnH.jpg

sST9RSZ.jpg

wtigwBi.jpg

5teNZsW.jpg

I love seeing silver come out of the dirt! And your picture truly represent what we all have to contend with in the field. People entering into this hobby think its all glamour and treasure waiting to be found.... great job plucking out the Merc!!

Exactly! I’ve heard a lot of the younger crowd complain about the detector not working right, yes it is. I’m starting to think if I would have kept all the pull tops and tabs I’ve dug I probably would have several dollars in aluminum value!

those two small copper washer both rang in at 12-46 6" deep... they were about 2"...but man they had both the E-trac and me fooled!:D when I hit these type of heavy traffic areas I open the 12 line all the way across, just in case that gold ring wants to be found. so I dig alot of pull tabs, ringpulls, beavertails, foil, and can slaw... I have to dig the 12-39/40 signals also, i have found several wheats in that range same number as a screw bottle top. some days are meant for cherry picking, but most are for dig every signal and just be glad the sun is shining and your out today!

back to the trashy, mineralized street strip I have been hitting now and then. today was go ahead and dig all good signals no matter how shallow or what VDI they had...I was using the andy s disc pattern. I dug alot of trash, on a few holes I removed a bottle cap and rescanned and found the marble...on the way to the yellow VW... I also found a trophy top about 8 inches away also masked by the bottle cap. about an hour in I got a solid 12-46 on the E-trac, dug and it was copper wire, checked the plug and got a deep faint but repeatable 05-43/45 a bit scratchy but I dug down through rocks and clay and out popped this dark 1940 merc... I'll take it! it just goes to show ya, not every detector can see through the pounding shallower targets, sometimes removing them is the only option.
w5HWXnH.jpg

sST9RSZ.jpg

wtigwBi.jpg

5teNZsW.jpg

Nice job
Mark