Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hard Times

Cody

I went forum hopping the other day to see what was being said about the new models. I normally only stick to the forums for a detector I use but was curious what was being posted about the new models.

I found more than I expected in that I read all these glowing posts about this or that new models. Then came back to this forums and the same people are picking apart the X-terras. I notice they pick apart any post on this forum that is positive about the X-terra. That is a sad state of affairs but if you want a good laugh go to the internet or any forum for a particular manufacture and see who is posting what. It really does not make any difference but at least it clears up why some of our posts are snipped at so hard by some participants.

It is sad that users get sucked into this kind of thing as if a manufacture wants us to do this kind of bad PR. Well, anyhow it is interesting to see the difference in how a guy posts to

and they may be losing sales to the x-terra line of detectors?

I seriously doubt a ML dealer would be saying things like you point out.

What else could it be?

You may have nailed it on the head as I don't see Minleab dealers doing that sort of thing.

I think in some cases, like a recent one, it all boils down to a matter of ego and saving face when others, sometimes LOTS of others, just don't agree with your opinion or thoughts. You can go back through the forums in this matter, as Cody suggested, and see the very obvious negative bias right from the get-go. Then when others found the particular machine to be much more than he wanted it to appear, that was apparently taken as a personal attack rather than a personal opinion that just didn't happen to agree with his.

I won't try to second-guess the results someone else gets under the conditions or circumstances another person uses to make a judgement call on any machine. Alot of times you can determine the area where that other person is from, and sometimes understand better why their particular results were obtained. Not knowing that person's ability or knowledge of the machine is another problem, or how they used the detector, including the tuning set-up.

I guess maybe it's sometimes easier to attach blame or frustration to a machine or company instead of facing the reality of our own inabilities or insecurities when others don't happen to agree with us. How realistic is it to expect everyone else to either like or dislike a particular machine according to our own opinions ? That's why we have choices, and why we are each entitled to our own opinion.

Now, with all that being said.........

........Andy's WRONG !!!!!! :lol:

Lighten up guys, it's just a hobby.

Ralph