Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hard to find knickles with the Ace 250

pedrod

Hello, I think it has been over a year since I have found a nickle with my ace 250!

Do others have the same experiences?

peter

Yeah, they can be a lot harder to come by than pretty much every other coin.
Just fewer of them in a pocket full of change is one reason that there are fewer in the ground.
My test garden is salted with nothing but nickles so I can remind myself what the "scratchy" sound of a nickle is on my Ace..
If you only dig the belltone signals you will never uncover another nickle. Just a different sound altogether.
You will get your share of those five-centers and by that I mean that probably one coin in fifty will be a nickle.

I started finding more when I ungraded from my old Ace 300 to a GTI 1500. Don't know if it's the 1500 or I am just getting better. Probably both.
Al

The 250 is a hot little nickle getter!! My nickle count went way up when I got one of the first 250's made. All I can say is, either there aren't any nickles in your area or you aren't digging those nickle signals!! Of course you will have a pouch-full of square tabs and canslaw too but you might have a gold ring!!

Today I had my sensitivity set at 2(!) and found several at 2-3 inches. They're wider (the shallow ones) in sound than most nickel signals and most of the time they're id'd correctly. I also run in relic mode most of the time-but even when in coins mode I find'em. I'm running at 2 sensitivity and digging all repeatable signals as an experiment, BTW. I can't believe how much fun I'm having this way. The iffy targets like can slaw and small foil have trouble repeating as they don't have enough substance and conductivity to sustain a strong signal. I'm just using it at my schools and it's so quiet and neat! Even found a 1964 silver dime today! One of the nickels I found was at about 3" and still gave a pretty wide sound.:thumbup:

I assume you're hunting in coin mode. This leaves one lonely notch on the left side of the screen for nickles to register in. If the mineralization in your area causes nickles to be shifted a little high or a little low, they'll miss that notch.

I'd try hunting in jewelry mode to fill the notches on either side just in case the nickles are off a bit.

Best of luck!

Lot's of times the nickel beep is not repeatable. Most likely from iron trash close, coin on edge or mineralized ground. You might get a beep every 3 sweeps. Dig it anyway.

Had mine since fall last year.
LIke all machines, they go in sperts.
This month is dimes for me:clapping:
June was a good month for nickels.
This was from June 1st.

Just have fun and dig, and they will come..

Happy Hunting

Bruce

I don't know what you are doing wrong. I usually find 3 or 4 per hour.

Nah I find three or four every time I go out. You're probably passing them up thinking they are pulltabs. They just beep and don't belltone THere is a difference in sound between a nickel and a tab. When you learn to recognize it then you'll be digging nickels. A few rings fall into that range also.

Bill

It's the 1500. I field tested both of those machines and the 1500 is light years ahead of the old 300. You can still buy the old Ace 100/200/300 at Kellyco. They are now called the Predator.

Bill

no this is the kind of info we need, this stuff is helpful not that everythings else is not but this kind of stuff can really help,, thanks all.

Hi, I think is just luck and how hunted is the place.. Just today I found 35 nickels. :detecting:

n/t