Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hardwaree changes?

txop

I have been looking at buying a used Deus from a findmall sponsor. You may have seen it listed in the classified. He says it's a 2014 model that the firmware is updated to 4.1.

So my question is has the hardware changed since 2014? Or from when they came out for that matter?

Just kicking tires at the moment and was hoping someone could answer my question.

Thanks

Txop

don't know if 4.1 is out yet but it could be I have 4.0 version on mine .

looks like its available seems from what I read that it has some bug fixes in it that 4.0 version has with MI6 pin pointer Andy Sabish can explain it better

txop said:
I have been looking at buying a used Deus from a findmall sponsor. You may have seen it listed in the classified. He says it's a 2014 model that the firmware is updated to 4.1.

So my question is has the hardware changed since 2014? Or from when they came out for that matter?

Just kicking tires at the moment and was hoping someone could answer my question.

Thanks

Txop

From what I have read the hardware has not changed just the software. Same thing better check with Andy to know for sure.

To my knowledge, all Deus units are the same, older and newer. (From an operational and performance standpoint).

They can have different versions installed.

Version 4.1 has not been officially released.

Beta version 4.1 is out there.

Really IMO the only disadvantage to buying older Deus unit would be,,,battery condition.

In a 2014 model unit, batteries could need to be replaced.
From a sooner or later we would be talking sooner here.

That's what I was thinking about the battery. I notice they require you to send the coil in to have the battery replaced. I wonder what their turn around time is as well as the cost. Anyone know?

My Deus is one of the earliest in the US.
First year import.
My battery is still running and holding charge fine. (knock wood)
Battery replacement in the coils is a little over a week and around $50.
But I wouldn't have it done just cuz if there is no drop in hunt time.

Just my 2 cents

n/t

I have 2 Deus remotes, one is only a year old and the other is a very early release. I have updated them both to 4.0 and have no issues and both remotes work exactly the same. IN all I have paired 4 coils, 2 sets of headphones and the MI6 pin pointer and all have stayed paired and worked flawlessly

mrsspk said:
I have 2 Deus remotes, one is only a year old and the other is a very early release. I have updated them both to 4.0 and have no issues and both remotes work exactly the same. IN all I have paired 4 coils, 2 sets of headphones and the MI6 pin pointer and all have stayed paired and worked flawlessly

Thats also our experience across the Big Pond.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.:)