Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anybody done a straight shaft mod to their Explorer?

Steve(MS)

I bet it would make it more balanced, making easier to swing longer. If you have done a mod to this end or know where some instructions are to get it done, let's hear about it. Up to now I have been reluctant to take mine apart but starting to warm up to the idea the older I get....

Hello Steve(MS) I have been thinking about chest or waist mounting mine to cut down on the weight & using a Sovereign GT shaft. I don't know if mounting the control box on top of the handle would upset the balance & if it would create problems by catching on everything. A very kind Gentleman has just given me an Email Address you might like to look up. www.mytreasurespot.com HH

I did a mod this spring, sorry minelab I could not take the balance anymore.Hope you get an idea from it, its made on a whites shaft with a home made battery box. balance is much improved.

[attachment 66721 IMG_1423.JPG][attachment 66720 IMG_1424.JPG][attachment 66722 IMG_1429.JPG][attachment 66723 IMG_1430.JPG][attachment 66724 IMG_1493.JPG][attachment 66725 IMG_1554.JPG]