Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anybody downloaded the update from Minelab for the Equinox 800?

Phil

I have tried and my computer says it can't run the download. Am I doing something wrong or what? I downloaded the file using my desktop which is a windows 10 machine. I just thought before I went to too much trouble trying to download the file, I'd check and see if anybody else had done it. Phil

Phil, check out further down...there are plenty of posts of update workarounds for all supported systems. I think once a few reports are in, a FAQ would be useful and pinned to the top.

Thankyou! It sounds like I need to do some binge reading.

After reading a few posts of people successfully downloading the update I got back on my desktop and switched web browsers. I normally run Opera and I forgot it will prevent you from downloading certain software. After switching to a different web browser the file downloaded with no problem and my 800 is now updated.

Vista? It was a bit of pain in the a** Windows version and its source code pretty much ignored when Microsoft developed Windows 7. Do yourself a big favour and get an updated version of Windows or get a new computer. Just a suggestion. I had Vista on a laptop many years ago and had way too many issues even out of the box. I jumped at any chance to get it off that laptop. MS pretty much disowned it big time when it went to Windows 7.

Try the right mouse click on EXE, change run compatibility to XP and then try running the EXE again. Hopefully it will work...

I don't think you have to download the program to your computer first--I think you can go to Minelab's website and run the program instead of actually installing it on your computer.

Hope this helps.

I got an email from Minelab that there was a new update for the Equinox. I went to Minelabs website downloaded update and saved it to my Documents ( saved it to documents so I will always have the update), opened update connected detector to 3.0 USB port turned on detector update found detector and installed update in 2 minutes with Windows 10.

u2robert said:
I got an email from Minelab that there was a new update for the Equinox. I went to Minelabs website downloaded update and saved it to my Documents ( saved it to documents so I will always have the update), opened update connected detector to 3.0 USB port turned on detector update found detector and installed update in 2 minutes with Windows 10.

I pretty much did the same thing. Very smooth update.