Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anybody ever chaned an older sov to use a 9 volt battery set-up?

Two 9 volts plugged into a pigtail?With two new 9 volt batteries power output would be over 19 volts.Maybe two 6V batteries.Good Luck Ron

It would be nice to have a small 6 volt battery the size of nine volt to save weight.HH Ron

I would think that using a 9 volt batteries or any other smaller batteries wouldn't have the MhA needed to run the Sovereign very long, like using our 12 volt Sovereign batteries to run our cars.
It has a lot to do with the current needed to run our device and those smaller batteries are not made to run such higher current devices and if you ever do, like some of the older digital camera you notice if you took 10-15 pictures in a row the batteries got very hot.
The factory battery packs for the XS2 and XS2a used 10 of the AAA packs and were around 700MhA and back then most would buy the Sun Ray AA 1600 Mha as they lasted twice as long as the factory ones did. I remember one guy even hooked up a bigger 12 volt battery he hip mounted and run the wire to the control box and went for days without recharging as it could hold so much more and could be charged at a higher rate. If I remember right a 9 volt battery is around 70 Mha while our batteries we used in our GT are around 2000Mha.

Rick