Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anybody ever used the 10" Concentric coil on their F75?

MidTN

I have a 10" coil for my F70. I have not used on my F75, and wanted to know how it work.

No but I have on the CZ5.
one thing about the concentric coils the pinpointing was phenomenal.
Back in the day a probe popped a coin out of the ground.

The 10 inch concentric should work on the F75 just as it does on the F70.
I've used the 10 inch concentric with the F75. The two places I liked it better than the 11 inch DD were in iron infested sites (although going into those I'd rather go with the little 6.5 inch elliptical coil) and on the salt water beach. The 10 inch concentric was less prone to falsing than the 11 inch DD over the wet salt sand. Over the wet salt sand with either coil, attention to keeping it properly ground balanced was very important; but the concentric offered slightly more forgiving behavior.

The 10" concentric gets good depth and actually works through the trash very well. Most importantly, if you are a old (coin) hunter and hunt bottle cap laden parks, the concentric I d's caps much better then the DD coils. HH jim tn

Is there a preferred 10” model over another?

My assumption was that we are talking about the fisher coils; the one listed in their catalog as 10" Concentric Elliptical Coil - Item 10COIL-F70
That's the one I was referring to. I've always had good success with Fisher coils. The 5" DD, 6" (football shape) concentric, 5 x 10 DD, 10" concentric and stock 11 DD. And all got a lot of use. My buddy had the 15" DD and it felt like a brick on the end of the shaft. Probably a few good after market coils available, but Fisher seemed to have coil needs pretty well covered, so I never bothered to try any. HH jim tn

It’s the only I use on the f75. As a park and coin getter it’s a very nice combo. Lighter to swing, deeper than the stock and if the f75 wasn’t already the nicest balanced machine out there, the 10” concentric only makes it better.