Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anybody Experienced this sound?

namron13

I received my V3i back from the factory they changed the circuit board and replaced my Eclipse Shooter "DD" (4x6) the problem I had was I only had a white screen when I would power the unit up. now works fine, I took my v3i :detecting: out yesterday for a couple of hrs. I was in the coin mode and coin and jewelry mode Now I can hear (RRRRRRRR) if anybody remembers how the old Rotary phones sounded like when you dialed this is what I hear in my wireless headphones now when I swing? Any suggestions

Howdy namron13--

I remember the old rotary phones for sure. What I would do first would be to turn off the threshhold and see if you still get the noise. If you don't get the noise, then you can adjust the the threshhold tone.

If you still get that noise every time you swing the coil, it could be that your sensitivities are too high. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Change channels on your headphones and see if that helps.
HH
Mike

Sounds like the threshold tone to me. Did you have the threshold tone turned on before?
You can also adjust the frequency of that tone so it might be different from your previous machine.
Have you tried restoring the C&j program to default?
The only other thing that comes to mind, is some sort of mixed mode audio????

Check all basic things. Voltage, trigger, sensitivity, change coil, program, location (60 cycle emi hum), coil connection. Open case to see if electrical connectors are fully seated. Maybe reseat them also. Shipping is not gentle to the V3i. Lots of things to eliminate.

Thanks everyone for all your input but nothing seemed to have worked, So this morning I was out :detecting: and that sound just drove me nuts and not giving out good signals :thumbdown: so I sat down on the park bench and enjoying the spring weather and trying to figure out this V3i went through all the program choices on the unit and on the bottom list RESTORE I said what the heck lets restore each program one by one which I did and bingo the unit was back and beeping away :clapping: now I'm a happy :detecting: as you can see this was all my recovery this morning.

Spectra is now working fantastic..
thanks everyone happy hunting.